Friday, August 5, 2016

Photo Update - The Giant Tortoises

I can't believe I've posted all these pictures, and somehow the giant tortoises didn't make it!  I think, because I have so many pictures of them, I had just assumed that I had included them in previous posts!

On the island of Santa Cruz, we went on a drive to the highlands, to a place called El Chapo.  There we were able to see giant tortoises in their natural environment.  We actually also saw one on our ride out to the Wall of Tears.  Seeing them roaming around in the wild, rather than in an enclosure (such as those that we saw at a couple of breeding centers and at the Darwin Research Center), was amazing. Unfortunately it is difficult to convey their size in the photos, but here are a few:







No comments:

Post a Comment